intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 am

I've acquired some new additions to my EA Flats collection, which is a mixture of Amiga and C64/128 games. All of the new additions were for 8-bits.

This week I've added:
  • Ultimate Wizard, 1984: a very clever Jumpman clone that I actually prefer over Jumpman - the history on the creator, Sean Moore, is interesting yet tragic
  • Heart of Africa, 1985: made by Danielle/Dan Bunten Berry, legendary creator of M.U.L.E. and Seven Cities of Gold
  • Age of Adventure, 1986. A compilation that is actually two games: The Return of Heracles and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. It is believed that Stuart Smith (Adventure Construction Set) may have created these games.
Anyhoo - I'm most excited about Ultimate Wizard as this was a favorite of mine long before a single gray hair ever sprouted on my head. It's a ton of fun if you aren't familiar with it. Imagine a Jumpman game (with some of the same animations) except where you can cast spells to cheat death.
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg
I also am finally getting to set up the 8-bit side of my retro cave. So one side is Amiga, the other side C64/128. This should allow me to do a lot less shuffling, or at least not have to play on the floor as much anymore. Getting close!
IMG_0023.JPG
I have to get a new electrical outlet installed to tone down the wiring fun, but that's a small price to pay to get 4 stations humming.

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:55 pm

I loved ‘Heart of Africa’ back then. Those EA folders were awesome. I once owned ‘The Bards Tale’ but sold it. The packaging of BT2 was a disappointment.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:43 am

Nice, I remember purchasing Ultimate Wizard at Best back in my high school days around 1984/85. It is an underrated game IMHO. The sad part is that I loaned it to someone and never got it back.

Return to “Conquests”