Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:28 am

Okay, I went out on the Internet and checked to make sure my keycaps were in fact in the right locations when I started this. Well, even if they weren't the keyboard needs some serious cleaning, and maybe some paint on the metal frame to ensure rust doesn't spread.

But if I want > I get :

I believe it is only when I use shift, but I could be remembering wrong, would one of the chips (there is a MOS and a TI) cause this issue, or would something else this. The 1 key at the top left needs the switch cleaned, but the number and letter keys work as they should.
Attachments
TI Chip.png
MOS Chip.png
keyboard caps.png

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:20 pm

I actually captured most of what is going on with the keyboard, but not everything. I didn't realize how bad it was until I tried to connect the Amiga to a PC with the Amiga Explorer software installed.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:01 pm

If you remove the keyboard case (again_ you'll see a "MOS controller" chip at the top. Yours is found on this page. I wonder if yours is faulty? As I understand it that chip is a "keyboard processor."

wildcopper
Seattle, WA

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:11 pm

This stuff works well for treating small rust spots:

https://www.amazon.com/Henkel-1381192-A ... B001000VS0

It dries black so that's convenient for keyboard plates like this.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:16 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:01 pm
If you remove the keyboard case (again_ you'll see a "MOS controller" chip at the top. Yours is found on this page. I wonder if yours is faulty? As I understand it that chip is a "keyboard processor."
That's what I finally dug up, and yes, it is a processor for the keyboard, haven't had any luck determining what the Texas Instruments chip is yet though. Thank you for the link, I found another list, but it was for information only.
Attachments
TI Chip.png
MOS Chip.png
Last edited by Dasfaust on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:18 pm

wildcopper wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:11 pm
This stuff works well for treating small rust spots:

https://www.amazon.com/Henkel-1381192-A ... B001000VS0

It dries black so that's convenient for keyboard plates like this.
Appreciate the heads up, thank you. Just looked it up, it's Locktite, I should be able to get that locally.
Last edited by Dasfaust on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:02 pm

MOS 6570-036 / CSG 328191-02 Keyboard controller chip for Amiga 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000

I have a parts keyboard from an Amiga 2000, when I got it, it had missing keys, and possibly broken key switches, I may go dig it out and steal the processor off of it, clean it up, and put a socket on the Amiga 1000 keyboard and install it. That is if there is enough room to put a socket, I think there is.

Return to “Hardware”