intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am

I've added a second paragraph to the Terms new users must agree to when registering here. It states, in bold:
If you are a human or a bot and your sole purpose is to create posts to link to external sites (including hidden links or links placed on your user profile) your account will be instantly terminated and your IP will be banned for life. By registering you assert that you are not a spamming jackaloon.
Doubt this will deter a single person/bot but it felt necessary to make this more obvious since I delete accounts each week. :bruce:

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Love the detail here.
No one will dare to challenge the Bruce Lee emoji. Well done!

LineOf7s
Brisbane, Australia

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm

Well, perhaps the Chuck Norris emoji.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:16 am

:lol:

It's life on today's internet. Back in the glory days of BBSs we occasionally had to delete accounts of users whose purpose it was to create conflict, flame posts and just general jerkiness. No way to tell who they were as we had no Caller ID. In some cases we turned on phone verification and they had to give their real phone number and receive a call to be verified. It was a pain and I hated to be the one to call the number but I was the younger of the Sysops and it always fell on me to do the dirty work.

Return to “Site News”