DavidZinAZ

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:55 pm

Here is a pict of my current 8-bit setup.
20240704_164558.jpg
C128D on bottom (with 1750 in back) and the 1571 set to 10 +jiffyDOS
C128 Flat in the middle +jiffyDOS
C64C above that (with Sidekick64 cart) +jiffyDOS
and the C128 Keyboard on top

pi1541 - as 8 +jiffyDOS - but I find the pi1541 slows down the entire system
2 CMD-FD200's = 9 & 12 +jiffyDOS

The 1541's are set to 11 and do different stuff.....
One of the 1541 is setup for parallel cable setup with dolphin dos
One of the 1541 is setup with the 21 second backup mod
The 1571 is just +jiffyDOS and will probably be removed now that the C128D is working.

There is also a 1581 under the monitor stand, you just can't see it and not that I have the FD-2000's that may go back into cold storage.

My sd2iec is broke and I have to figure out how to fix that. If anyone is good with soldering wires please let me know (see pict#2)
20240705_121825.jpg
I have an Ultimate1541][+ somewhere but having a hard time finding it so that is not in use.

Any suggestions as what to add next? I would love a SuperCPU or RAMLink but not holding my breath as I fell I was luck enough to get the two FD-2000's.

I may also remove the C128 Flat as it is a bit redundant with the C128 out there.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
YouTube

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:13 pm

Holy bleep what a photo!! <3

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:02 pm

Holy 8-bit dream station. Nice! Especially love the 2 FD-2000 units.

Regarding your broken SD2IEC, if you are in the US and don't mind sending it and paying for return shipping, I can certainly fix it for you for the price of Zero. Send me a PM with Pics of the unit.

If you are on another continent I am sure there should be some people in your localish area.

DavidZinAZ

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:05 am

Zippy Zapp wrote: Regarding your broken SD2IEC, if you are in the US and don't mind sending it and paying for return shipping, I can certainly fix it for you for the price of Zero. Send me a PM with Pics of the unit.
Thanks for the offer, I sent it off to a buddy the other day and he's getting her all taken care of. Appreciate it and I'm sure I'll break things later so always a chance to help out!!

I did find my Ultimate 1541][+L but it turns out I didn't order the wifi thing so I order that and once I get that I'll working I'll take more picts. One other issues I'm going to have is that the C128Dcr I have has the cassette on the side and its got metal around it so the sd2iec may not fit in there!! I really prefer to just use the built in jiffydos and not the ultimate][. I also got a sidekick64 I'm going to try and get the wifi working on that and may start using that. The bad thing about that is you need to run wires from the cpu and sid. I did that for the c64c so I can use it easily on that but I like using the c128 as the main rig. Have much to think about!!

More info to come...........

DavidZinAZ

Posted Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Got the SD2IEC fixed and the WiFi thing for the Ultimater1541][ and that thing is awesome!!! The Assembly64 integration is totally worth the price!!! It's like a FujiNET !!!

Getting Wheels128 going and messing around with other stuff. I found a bunch of old 1581 seq file disks from 87-93 so going to take a look at them and see what I was up to.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”