LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 am

Now with Picasso96 drivers and UAE high resolution screenmodes available! :D
I've been quite busy with setting this all up!

This was captured from within AmigaOS 3.9 itself using this screengrabber tool, saved as IFF, and converted to PNG in GIMP. :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am

Speaking of 3.9, did you guys hear about Hyperion deciding to back-port features from 3.9 into a new release for 3.1
It's currently being called 3.1.4 beta.
Updated AmigaOS 3.1 by Thomas Richter and Olaf Barthel
  • Lots of bug fixes and:
  • Fast File System with native 64-bit support for NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI, long filenames and resizable media support
  • CrossDOS with native 64-bit support for NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI support, long filenames and resizable media support, new mfm.device
  • Format, DiskCopy and HDToolbox with 64-bit support based on NSD, TD64 and direct SCSI support, plus bug fixes
  • C:Mount for large media, direct SCSI support and resizable removable media
  • Working soft links for the RAM disk and Fast File System
  • Shell tools with long filename support, softlinks and large media support
  • Math libraries that reconfigure themselves when an FPU becomes available after loading.
  • New DIR command with nicely formatted output
  • New Workbench that also copies links
  • CPU command with 68060 support
  • exec.library that no longer dies on 68060
  • SetPatch, without NSDPatch and RomUpdates (not needed anymore)
  • Intuition with off-screen window dragging
  • aux-handler now completely rewritten in C. No more BCPL code in AmigaOS!
  • More bugfixed portions: audio.device, asl.library, Compugraphic fonts, diskfont and fixfonts, icon.library, iffparse.library, Installer, iPrefs, Locale, parallel and serial devices, RAMlib and RAMdrive, rexxsyslib, scsi.device, speak-handler, More, and others
  • Added V45 layers.library, V45 execute command, V46 Shellmand, V46 Shell
Interesting development (pun intended).

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am

First I heard of this! And I found an article about the news over on Generation Amiga! :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

My understanding (which could be way off, but I think this is true) is that 3.9 is tied up in (sad and pathetic) licensing quagmires. But 3.1 is available for them to develop on. So... take some of the more popular features of 3.9 and try to bring them back to 68k.

How this potentially collides with Colanto (or if it would), I have no idea. I truly wish all parties would release the code to Open Source and work together. I'd still buy ROMs from them. It's so silly, and we ain't getting any younger.

Return to “Software”