intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Where in Europe is Carmen Sandiego? might be fun. It's sort of a point-and-click style game, I think, and is generally rated on the easier side (although a little Google here or there may be in order). Or maybe Where in the World.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 am

Even I struggle with New Zealand Story but they're both beautiful. I'll try them, thanks for the suggestion McTrinsic. I might even get a trainer to make the games less difficult. I know that's an insult to any puritan I don't want her to have to focus too intensely to play and enjoy.

I should probably consider some of the newer games too actually, which might have a more relaxed approach to gaming.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:58 am

intric8 wrote:Where in Europe is Carmen Sandiego? might be fun. It's sort of a point-and-click style game, I think, and is generally rated on the easier side (although a little Google here or there may be in order). Or maybe Where in the World.
I've been looking at videos on YouTube, that looks really cool! And the point-and-click style is a bit more relaxed.

I found the almanac here, which apparently is a requirement to be able to solve some of the puzzles.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:50 am

Gotta say that Rod Land is also a good choice. It's cute and fun as hell, even if the later stages do get pretty tough! But it's still immensely enjoyable and especially great when playing with 2 players!

And props to MsMadLemon for introducing me to the game through her Nostalgia Time videos! I've found a favorite game (no, scratch that... several favorite games) on the Amiga thanks to her! :D

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 am

LambdaCalculus wrote:Gotta say that Rod Land is also a good choice. It's cute and fun as hell, even if the later stages do get pretty tough! But it's still immensely enjoyable and especially great when playing with 2 players!

And props to MsMadLemon for introducing me to the game through her Nostalgia Time videos! I've found a favorite game (no, scratch that... several favorite games) on the Amiga thanks to her! :D
This is a great suggestion, thank you! Difficulty isn't too bad and the characters are adorably <3

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:59 am

Another game I absolutely adore on the Amiga is Wiz 'n' Liz. It's silly, cute, fun, and just full of personality!

Of course, you also can't go wrong with some of the classics like Superfrog, or even a couple more games I found through MsMadLemon: CarVup and Jumping Jack'son!

Return to “Games”