Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Journey back to the Abyss.

Picked up a few items but some will have to wait until the next expedition. We're gradually cleaning out this storage unit. Magazine collections make up the bulk of what is left, along with some software collections and monitors. I would have loved to see this storage unit a year ago!

Anyways, we have to get down to near-zero in a few months and I have limited bandwidth to help the crew disseminate some of this leftover Amiga goodness.
IMG_20190127_170049.jpg
As you can see, there's quite a few A2000 and A3000 case shells/frames/front panels. I am looking for some good homes for these parts if possible. There's about 4 A2000 mobos also-all marked as bad or battery damaged and maybe-bad. I plan to help see what we can get working and what needs to be scrapped/sold for parts.
IMG_20190127_170131.jpg
I also picked up several A500, A2000 keyboards in various states of distress/abandonment. I plan to test these out and restore to functionality what I can-but may not get around to it until this summer. So, they are not available in this opportunity. At least not yet.

A few complete A500s were also transferred to my possession. These need thorough checks and quite probably rework before they'll be ready for resale. I acquired these into my personal repair queue with my own donation so they are not a part of this offer! Sorry :D

Before I start throwing it out to the ebay vultures, if there anyone who is already (prior to Jan 27th 2019) a member here that needs/wants these parts? If you do, send me a PM with your intention as well as what you plan to use it for. We can make arrangements for shipping and a small donation to the storage costs for what is left. Be patient, though. I have limited time due to work and this is being offered out as a first-come-first-serve basis. I cannot rush out and ship them as soon as someone expreses interest. It may take a month or more. I also want to make this offer, at least initially, to you folks currently in this forum first. By the beginning of March, I will open it up to others if there is still stuff leftover.

The goal of all this is to help find some of these items in the hands of people who need them and will put them to good use. They need 'forever homes'! We also need to reduce the club's footprint significantly!

G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:27 am

Private message sent :)

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Those KBs are quite a mess. Missing keys, broken legs, one even spray painted and awful black :(

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Wow. Well if you end up with an extra working A2000 keyboard or a 5.25 drive bay blank cover, let me know.

jdryyz

Posted Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm

I know your subject is about A2k/A3k parts but what about the monitors in this shot?

I've had such a hard time finding a decent 1084S-P and looks like you've got a few there. Nine??

I thought I finally had settled this a while back when I chanced upon one in a local ad. It only lacked the front door (not uncommon).

But I also had no confirmation it worked. Wanting to be sure, I chugged along a computer with me to test it out and was thrilled when I saw how good the picture was. Deal done, I brought it home and did some minor cleanup.

I spent a couple of days doing some more testing and I continued to be amazed at how good the picture was, only slight misconvergence on one small part.

Fast forward several weeks, I use the monitor to troubleshoot a C64 problem. I let a demo run continuously to see if I could reproduce a lockup issue. I walk away for 10 minutes, and when I return, I see a black screen on the monitor. I thought it was the C64, of course. When I powered it off and back on, I still saw no picture! Uh oh...that sickly feeling in my gut started to form.

I powered off the monitor and back on again. The power LED works but I noticed no CRT charge.

Yep, fears realized. :(

So after only a short time owning this beautiful display, it died. Probably the flyback transformer as is usually the case.

For once, I would like to get a hold of one of these, get some preventative maintenance done on it *before* something blows up. Only then do I think I could continue to enjoy it for several years to come.
Last edited by jdryyz on Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Thu May 09, 2019 10:32 pm

I hear ya. I haven't been back for a few months. The club managed to downsize a fair bit both in terms of contents and storage costs. I may not get a chance back there for a while but I'll definitely keep an eye. A number of people have PM'd me but I've been exceptionally busy with my day job and several baseball (little league) games a week. My apologies to all.

jdryyz

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks for your help!

harrism76

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Do you still have those parts available? I had a project where i got an old MAC cube and put a mac mini with a blue ray drive in it worked pretty good. I was thinking of trying to cram an AMD ryzen thread ripper system into an a2000 or a3000 case and pretedn that blender is Lightwave 3d or maybe forever amiga has a lightwave 3d included with it.

Thanks, Regards

Acill

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am

I need an A3000 top and front case. I have the bottom and internals.

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 am

Paul-contact Jerry. He may be able to help you on that front.

Return to “Trading Post”