G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:48 am

BTW, I absolutely loved the Bard's Tale series...find that if you can. Once I resurrect this A2000 that I was given, I plan on finding a ton of the games I had when I was in High School. If only I had kept all of the music I had made in DMCS :(

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah - I got all the way to the final boss.

It was brutal.

The game is so sluggish it would bring my beefed up 2000 to its knees. I came so close at the end but I gave up. I ultimately felt like making it that far was good enough for me. I got really close but not close enough. I loved the atmosphere in the game...

The original Dungeon Master was awesome, and I was able to beat that one. (barely!) The original is something I consider a top-shelf classic. It was so innovative, it's really mind boggling.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:27 am

Oh! And I know Bard's Tale pretty well. I've collected all 4 for Amiga (if you include Dragon Wars).

I played the original back in the day on my Commodore 64. The Bard's Tale series, like Ultima, is one I plan on marching through. I'm currently close to completing Ultima IV on the Amiga (please, God, let me finish it soon!). I feel like if you had taken my picture before I started, and today, sort of like how US Presidents age, I have as well. Where'd all this white hair come from? Damn you, Ultima IV!!

;)

morningstar

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 am

It may be my favorite game, knowing that I still play (soon 20 years). The displacements may be linear, the atmosphere and the scenario are not. We are always surprised by a mummy that appears at the corner of a corridor! (even though we know she's in the corner). I had to finish the game a dozen times with different characters (I think I've used them all).

Last edited by morningstar on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

prajwal31

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 am

Excellent thread..!!!

Return to “Games”