Jsdcsdja

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

I am late in the game. But, I have an amiga 1000 and be very interested in a rejuvenator board

AmigoMexicano
Yes, from Mexico City

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:31 pm

I also want one!

Is there an official waiting list or something like that?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 pm

No - no list right now. We have to get past the proof of concept phase first, which fingers crossed is getting close.

TommyE

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:51 pm

intric8 wrote:You do indeed have the daughterboard. I think it's pretty safe for you to get excited (assuming the project to bring the Rejuvenator makes it to the finish line, that is)!

Which, realistically, we are looking at several months from now in a best case scenario. But yes! You at least appear to have the hardware necessary to be in the same boat the rest of us are in. :)
Hello

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have two A1000 here in Norway (PAL land) and one is with daughterboard and one is without.

I guess the one with daughterboard is the oldest of them.

/Tommy

bwldrbst

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 am

TommyE wrote: Just wanted to chime in and say that I have two A1000 here in Norway (PAL land) and one is with daughterboard and one is without.

I guess the one with daughterboard is the oldest of them.

/Tommy
I've also got two PAL A1000s, one with the daughterboard and one without.

Unfortunately the one without the daughterboard crashes as soon as it loads Kickstart (or DiagROM). At some point I'll have to try it with a ROM adaptor.

Cheers,

Andrew

walldog

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am

I can’t say enough what a great job your doing being a champion of this project.. I do not own a 1000 but learning much about them through this project.. I think this board could make the 1000 one of the better function wise Amiga’s (in addition they look fabulous) only thing I see is use of internal hard drive would be nice (like the Phoenix you mention) If you could add say an 030 accelerator expansion to this board or side expansion now that would be fabulous.. Would the ACA500 be a nice add on in addition to this board albeit sticking out the side. I have one not in use and offer up for a test if you like. I know some folks are more purist and I respect that as well.. really enjoy the research and tracking down original team members.. I watched the videos and reading all the good commentary.. Enjoy just hearing the news and gaining knowledge...

Peckerwoods

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:21 am

I bought a rejuvenator back in 1991. I never could get the daughter board seated on those pins. I tried for about a full day. I sent my entire computer and rejuvenator to Expert Services and they installed it for about $100. It worked beautifully and added years of life to my 1000. I’m not surprised to hear how rare they are. I remember thinking even at the time that there can’t be too many people willing to invest this much to keep the 1000 going.

terriblefire

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 3:34 pm

How is this reverse engineering project going? Does it need any terriblefire help? I'm in the market for such an upgrade so maybe easier to make one than buy one :)

nonarkitten

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 3:51 pm

terriblefire wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:34 pm
How is this reverse engineering project going? Does it need any terriblefire help? I'm in the market for such an upgrade so maybe easier to make one than buy one :)
I think the last hurdle is reverse engineering the PLA chips.

terriblefire

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm

nonarkitten wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:51 pm
I think the last hurdle is reverse engineering the PLA chips.
Sounds like the guys have it covered. I really want one of these so happy test (and pay for) when they're ready

Return to “Hardware”