smb123w64gb

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 10:50 am

Hey I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in content on c64/c128 programing from a beginners perspective. I have a background working with translating 3d models & textures to console(EG 3DS WiiU Switch). I'm thinking making a channel and or livesteam of me working on asm that could push me to stay motivated to make some cool games.

If anyone has some hardware i should pick up for my c64 like ossc or whatnot to show code working on hardware.

Also with milestones i may bring in some releases to SEA-CCC ;>

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am

I'd be into watching beginner level stuff for sure. I feel like a lot of videos show how a program might be coded, but assume you already know how to code at some level. It's like, "Here's how to say this word in this foreign language" but I don't even understand what the word means in English! Like, there's no "why" they are doing what they are doing baked into the context. Coding how-tos for coders. I'm better off hand-typing programs out of old magazines.

If you're local to Seattle, you absolutely should swing by! We just had a meet this week, but we'll have another on June 12. Are you on the mailing list?

jost80
Sweden

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 pm

I would probably watch that. Got my first C64 last year and have never coded on one.

smb123w64gb

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

intric8 wrote: If you're local to Seattle, you absolutely should swing by! We just had a meet this week, but we'll have another on June 12. Are you on the mailing list?
I'm Lucas and have been to the last 3.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Hah! Lucas - I had no idea this was you!! Impossible for me to tell with that handle. Well, very cool! Yeah - make some videos. I'll sub. :)

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

I like to watch videos from all levels of experience so I would for sure watch.

There can never be too many channels of Commodore goodness, IMHO.

rcman
Canada

Posted Fri May 24, 2019 10:53 am

Sure I would tune in. I'm at work but I can watch it on my phone ;)

RC

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sun May 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi Lucas! I'd definitely be interested in that. For the past few months I have been dabbling in C64 ASM mostly in an emulated environment for modern conveniences. I have no ambition of being a hardcore coder-but it has been a bucket list item since I was a kid... just not something I ever could break through the comprehension barriers with back then (primarily due to lack of info/books/peers). Since I have started learning, I've really really come to appreciate and understand what is going on at the hardware level-and I think others could really come to appreciate this.

That being said, definitely would love to follow along and learn a few new things from you!

Toast.

BlueCursor

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 pm

I also would be interested in this too!

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”