AmigaFox

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:38 am

Hello,

I found this site while looking for an Amiga community and after reading the brilliant posts on this site, I decided to join. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in the states who loves the Amiga.

I did not grow up with the Amiga, but after reading about it I decided to get an NTSC A500 and I fell in love with it. I currently use it for creative writing and gaming.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 am

Hi AmigaFox! Welcome and thanks for joining!

I also didn't grow up with the Amiga - I grew up with the C64. My folks split up when I was a kid and we couldn't afford the "next gen" computers of the 80s. But I'll never forget walking into a store and seeing one, and literally my jaw dropped open when I saw the juggler demo. I still love my C64, but like you I jumped into the Amiga scene way after the fact. I'm also from the US.

I built this site originally because I felt so many How-To articles out there were sorely incomplete. Oftentimes to try and figure something out I'd have to spend days researching multiple forums and cobble various comments together to try and get a clue. It dawned on me that a repository of detailed Guides and research articles could be a pretty useful resource. And, over time, maybe a pretty cool place to hang out, too.

What drives me bonkers is how many Amiga game reviews I see literally everywhere online, yet none of the screenshots are in the right aspect ratio. I feel like the awareness is there with many of us in the scene nowadays, but when it comes to game databases they are nearly all completely wrong. This has a lot to do with the emulation scene (which, admittedly, is far easier to cope with as hardware ages and people's space might become limited as their families grow, etc.). But I wanted to try and show the games correctly, too. And... well, play them!

In any case, Amiga Love is made in the U.S.A., and we try to keep the NTSC scene alive and well. But we aren't snobby about it. All our friends from around the world are welcome and valuable members, too. We just want to make sure the NTSC voice is heard. And, probably 80% of the games in the Games Library here are US-made and reviewed on NTSC machines (the machines that would have been used during the dev process BITD).

Where are you based out of these days?

AmigaFox

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks for welcoming me, intric8. I'm based out of Northeast PA.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:20 pm

As someone who grew up with the Amiga in America it warms my heart to see how much people can love something they did not even have once upon a time. It speaks to just how special that machine is; but also those that love them. Welcome to the forum!

Return to “Member Intros”