Acill

Posted Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm

I see several here making these boards I did and am very impressed. I don't think the word is getting out on all the updates and help I provide with getting them built. Here are some resources I have put together for those of you looking to build them. I also try to do orders on boards from time to time. I have mine all made in the USA and need at least 10 orders to make them a fair price of $85 shipped here in the US. If you want one let me know and I will order another batch. The last group I did was green and just ran out again. I tend to keep a few in stock for myself though at all time for doing PCB replacements when I don't feel like spending hours troubleshooting a board. It's faster for me to just make a new 4000 a lot of the time over trying to fix and find bad spots on a nasty board I get in.

You can also visit my sites 4000 replica section where I post a lot of updates too here.

For those looking for more help in the future you can use the component locator John is hosting for me on his site here. It will tell you where every part goes. Its very nice and has saved me a lot of time putting these together.

Locator here.

My Github also has notes and tips I post as I do builds. It's here.

grshaw

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:37 am

Hey there.

I would be up for getting one of these. I am hoping that my soldering skills will one day become advanced enough for me to be able to attempt this project. At the moment, still a long way off. :D

Getting a board now will give me a specific goal to work towards. Strangely enough, I actually emailed you directly about getting one of these boards just yesterday. I hope you are okay to ship to the UK? Obviously I don't mind covering the extra cost of the Postage.

Acill

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am

Dont mind at all. I have shipping for overseas figured into the price! I did these to get them out, not make money on them.

grshaw

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:57 am

Great Thanks.

I ordered the board over email.

I’ve been thinking about populating this board. Obviously there are many different components required which will need to be soldered into place. These should hopefully be easy enough to source with the BOM.

What about custom chips such as Angus? I don’t have an old A4000 myself. So I won’t be able to cannibalise that. Looks like I will be sourcing from eBay.

Now, here in the UK, the only Amigas which are not crazy expensive on eBay are A500’s ( including A500 plus ) and ( to a lesser extent ) A1200s. So, my question is this; are there any custom chips which I could take out of a donor A500 ideally. Failing that, an A1200?

In the meantime, I am working on my soldering skills.

Acill

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:59 pm

You can order the custom chips all new old stock from Individual Computers in Germany as well as 23 pin RGB and Floppy ports.

Return to “Hardware”