acerRI
Rijeka, Croatia

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:27 am

Hi Amiga lovers

Greetings from Rijeka, Croatia.
Recently got two amiga machines, A500 is in non working state, A500+ is working state (done nothing with machine since owner forgot to send me floppy drives, they are on way to me)
Ordered Gotek usb floppy drive, in future plan is maybe TerribleFire so i can add cf card or HDD.
I am new in Amiga world, have expirince in C64/128 machines , so this is completely new for me.
Never before owned Amiga machine, owned C128 in 80s.

Be 100% sure that i will maybe some stupid question :lol:

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 am

Welcome! Awesome machine to experience the Amiga with and the 16-bit revolution. :D

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:40 am

Welcome! If you haven't opened up that A500+, do so ASAP and remove the battery from the mainboard. Same goes for the 500 if it has a trapdoor memory expansion present, as many of those have the same NiCd rechargeable battery type on them, and, those can leak not only onto the card, but, will reach the expansion slot connector of the Amiga and corrode its pins and beyond.

acerRI
Rijeka, Croatia

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am

This was first that i done, checked trap door, nothing inside.
Also there is no battery inside.
This machine i kind strange, on case says Amiga 500, but motherboard is A500+ rev 8A.1
Here some pictures.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am

That is a great find. I have one of those myself. Right before the A500+ released, Commodore, in their usual fashion to try and cut costs, used what they had on hand for the last run of A500s. So, the used A500+ mainboards, but didn't populate the clock circuit nor populate the motherboard RAM to give the machine 1MB of chip. You can populate all of that, and change a couple of solder pads to make it into a fully functional A500+!

Here is a link on how to do it, should you desire to do so.

acerRI
Rijeka, Croatia

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Great thanks for link.
Will do that :)

oldbull

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Welcome, acerRI

Don't worry about asking stupid questions. I don't. You can tell by some of the things I have posted. :oops:

Return to “Member Intros”