intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I've had a set of these rocking my A2000 for a few years now. They aren't the choice for an audiophile, but frankly with the Amiga's strange separated left/right channels, I don't really care about all that (and I'm not at a point where I'm going to get a mixer...yet).

But I love the simple aesthetic, and they sound tons better than the C= monitor speakers - even the 1084S.

So I snagged a second pair this week so my A3000 can share in the tuneage. Only a few minor nicks and whatnot. Overall I'd rate them an A- or so. Looks pretty good, right?
IMG_2375.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 pm

I think I used to sell those back in about '93 - They were a fairly popular and cheap OEM speaker. They worked just fine, but did not shatter the windows or anything. Awesome that Commodore branded them, too!

Appee

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:30 am

What kind of power supply should I use? I found some in storage box and was wondering if they were weird negative tip before playing guess and check

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:41 am

Appee wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:30 am
What kind of power supply should I use? I found some in storage box and was wondering if they were weird negative tip before playing guess and check
It is a 6 V center negative power supply. I ordered a universal adapter for my A10 speakers and it works great.
Search for "Soulbay 2A center negative power supply" on Amazon

walldog

Posted Mon May 01, 2023 7:17 pm

So I just got a set of these coming... I actually have a nice set of retro fairly period speakers that sounds great. The down side is they take up allot of room on the desk. So these commodore speakers might just squeeze a little more space for me on my crowded desk. They obviously look nice next to an A1k also :). I curious on powering them also. Can do batteries I guess but I hate thinking about something that can leak in side them. Thanks or sharing cool pictures!

Return to “Conquests”