nonarkitten

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:55 am

I've made a little board to fit an Indivison ECS into the Amiga 1000.

It rotates every pin 180 around so that the Indy itself is facing away from the power supply. It's a little snug against the daughterboard, but as you can see, it fits.

And here it is all booted up; R2 approves.

These are super easy boards to build; I've uploaded the gerbers to OSH Park for anyone to print if they like. Grab some headers, solder and done.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/MoFmwGpa

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 am

Fantastic!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 am

Jens sells a similar adapter, but he states very clearly it is only for the PAL version (non-daugtherboard models).

It looks like yours is aimed at the NTSC/daughterboard versions. I can't clap loudly enough! =)

nonarkitten

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:00 am

intric8 wrote:Jens sells a similar adapter, but he states very clearly it is only for the PAL version (non-daugtherboard models).

It looks like yours is aimed at the NTSC/daughterboard versions. I can't clap loudly enough! =)
Yes, exactly. This should also work with the Rejuvenator as it may have the same problem. Denise is not rotated at all and although it's a little further from the PSU (do to socket offsetting), it would still collide with the video slot -- if anyone were so inclined to use it.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 am

Thank you for sharing this board. I love the routing; you waste absolutely no room here!

I’ll be putting one to use for sure.

nonarkitten

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:01 pm

EzdineG wrote:Thank you for sharing this board. I love the routing; you waste absolutely no room here!

I’ll be putting one to use for sure.
Thanks! The routing drove me crazy for the longest time -- I'm still wondering if there's a more optimal approach to this, but for now I'm happy it works, so on to something new.

Christian

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Thank you!!!

Who wants to do a small production run? I’d definitely be interested in one or two.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm

I could use a board, too. I can see if any of the sea-ccc guys in Slack might bite. I assume a purchase produces a minimum of 10?

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Christian wrote:Thank you!!!

Who wants to do a small production run? I’d definitely be interested in one or two.
I haven't ordered mine yet, so I'd be in for one.

Return to “Hardware”