Dynamic_Computing

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 pm

I have seen many people in the past year who are just getting back into the Amiga after 25 years, and many others just getting into it for the first time. Skills get a bit Rusty if left unused, so I have decided to start a series on the basics of Workbench to get everyone back up to speed. The first video tutorial covers Workbench 3.1, and how to use it and it's many tools. In the next few weeks I plan to cover the Shell pretty deeply and lots of more advanced tools such as HDToolbox and the critical text editors, and finally go over the mission critical tools we all need to add to make the most of our lovely Amiga's.
Sometimes we forget that these are so much more than just great game machines! I hope I can remind people ... Take a look at the first video, and keep an eye out for parts two and three this month.

https://youtu.be/mjBU3y4IHTM

morningstar

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 am

Thank you for this little article, very reasoning, it makes me rather nostalgic.
Last edited by morningstar on Mon May 08, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:33 am

Great initiative.

Do you plan to cover some updates in 3.1.4(.1) ??

Personally I am convinced that it is the better solution for people coming ‚home‘ to the Amiga as it solves some issues with e.g. setting up Harddisks >4GB.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:47 pm

I have at least four videos covering Amiga OS 3.1.4, from installation and changes to new add-ons from the Best WB collection.

Take a peak at the playlist and you will find them.

I have at least two more tutorials coming up in next few weeks, hopefully one this weekend.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:31 pm

I just uploaded a new video in the tutorial series:

10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast

The Amiga OS Tutorial Part 2 is up! This week I am covering HD Toolbox, the Shell and the startup-sequence. Come on down to learn a bit more about your classic Amiga!
https://youtu.be/ylnMKwSfC4Q

Return to “Software”