TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 am

Hi folks! I've just discovered Zany golf and I love it, but I'm really not gone on the music on the Amiga version (it's the sounds rather than the composition). I found instructions online saying that pressing the S key disables sounds but for me it just brings up a menu.

Can anyone help? I'm using WHDLoad in case it makes a difference to key mappings. Thanks! <3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Unfortunately it's not possible to separate the music from the SFX. At least, I've tried every key in game and in the menus and read the original manual (online).

For me, the SFX are more important so I just turn the volume down very low. We need to motivate a cracker to mod this game for us :)

McTrinsic

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

I would ask the guy who wrote the WHDLoad slave.

morningstar

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:42 am

You can enable and disable the music from the game settings:

On the Home screen, click the Settings button at the top right of the screen.
Select the settings tab.
Select the chosen setting.
Last edited by morningstar on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 am

When the game boots up, it scrolls down vertically over an image of a giant golf ball.

I can "press 1 - 4 to start", but that's it. No settings in the corner (and no mouse cursor). When I press 1, the first course is loaded and the game starts. No settings there either.

Either I have a different version or we're talking about a different game/platform.

morningstar

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 am

I don't think it's possible to separate it from SFX.
Last edited by morningstar on Mon May 08, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am

Fair enough. Thanks!

Return to “Games”