rpiguy9907

Posted Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:03 pm

Looks like kipper has a new mechboard for the C64:

http://amigaonthelake.com/blog/new-kipp ... modore-64/

The post also indicates keycaps, but they are not pictured.

I wish everyone working on keyboard/keycap projects would pool resources and create one really great keyboard and set of caps.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 am

I saw this too, looks like it will be a winner:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=133 ... tcount=379

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:02 pm

I wonder if it will cost any less/more than the one currently offered by MtnBuffalo over on breadbox64.com.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:10 am

obitus1990 wrote:I wonder if it will cost any less/more than the one currently offered by MtnBuffalo over on breadbox64.com.
That' a good question. The MechBoard64 is of excellent quality and worth its money, so I am very curious what price Kipper will call up.

However, the more interesting part (at least for me) is the keycaps! It seems the Kipper keyboard uses nowadays microswitches, so chances might be good that the new keycaps will fit other nowadays microswitches too. (?) I hope the keycaps will also be sold separately.

rpiguy9907

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:24 am

3D-vice wrote:
obitus1990 wrote:I wonder if it will cost any less/more than the one currently offered by MtnBuffalo over on breadbox64.com.
That' a good question. The MechBoard64 is of excellent quality and worth its money, so I am very curious what price Kipper will call up.

However, the more interesting part (at least for me) is the keycaps! It seems the Kipper keyboard uses nowadays microswitches, so chances might be good that the new keycaps will fit other nowadays microswitches too. (?) I hope the keycaps will also be sold separately.
The picture of the Kipper board shows Cherry MX compatible switches, so I would presume the Kipper 64 keyboard would use Cherry compatible key caps.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:04 am

3D-vice wrote:

Indeed...I have a Mechboard64 as well, and, it is well made.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”