BatteMan
France

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm a french Amiga user since 1992, I write some articles for Obligement and Amiga=Power (a french fanzine, not the english Amiga=Power) and I'm the voice of the AmigaImpact podcast, a french Amiga/MorphOS podcast !

Glad to post here, and thank you for this very interesting forum !

As I read all tweets from @AmigaL0ve, as I watch all video from Intric8, as I have an Amiga 1000 (and an A1260, A500, A620, CD32+TF328), it was time for me to subscribe to this wonderful forum, full of Amiga love and Amiga lovers, specially Amiga 1000 lovers !

I just teardowned my Amiga 1000 today to test my floppy drive (and it's dead...) and to see how to put a "boot floppy drive selector" (I want to buy an HxC, but I don't want to put it inside the 1000) and to put an A500 floppy drive inside the 1000 (or an A1200/A600 drive).

I'll probably buy a Classic 520 after the HxC and A500 floppy drive.

Like some of you, I want to use this 1000 exclusively with KS1.3 and WB1.3, so I'll try to make a "hacked 1.3 kickstart" with scsi.device inside, in order to put this KS in the Classic 520 and to use the IDE on 1.3.

I hope to give you some feedback from my experimentations in the next weeks ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Batteman! So very cool for you to be here - I can't wait to see your machines and posts.
and to put an A500 floppy drive inside the 1000
I put an A500 "new" drive that I bought off of Amigastore.eu and put it in my Phoenix. It was not an easy modification as I had to drill new holes into the original A1000 floppy drive bracket, and as you know that bracket is solid steel. Also, I had to have a custom button 3D printed as the button placement for the A500 and A1000 are different. Thankfully my friend Mattsoft designed and printed one for me based on my experiments and it wound up looking and working great!

Warning: the project took WAY longer than I ever thought it would, but ultimately I got it figured out. Now I need some paint for my white hair!

Good luck, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Bienvenue!

You might want to consider to put a Kickstart ROM - pcb to make it easier to boot from the 520. There is a discussion here in the forum, see here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=622

Obitus1990 has just ordered fresh pcbs :)

BatteMan
France

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:25 am

Intric8 : Thank you for yours explanations, it's exactly what I want to do ! I hope the button from Mattsoft can be used with the floppy drive I'll buy (or I'll buy one from Amigastore.eu to be sure).

Thank you so much.

McTrinsic : We can put kickstart directly in the 520 (it also have menu to choose kickstart). I send a MP to Obitus for one of those PCB ;) Thank you for the link.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:42 pm

BatteMan wrote:
...Like some of you, I want to use this 1000 exclusively with KS1.3 and WB1.3, so I'll try to make a "hacked 1.3 kickstart" with scsi.device inside, in order to put this KS in the Classic 520 and to use the IDE on 1.3.

I hope to give you some feedback from my experimentations in the next weeks ;)
welcome aboard and yup I'm guilty of only WorkBench 1.3 on my Amiga 1000 so please keep us updated :D

Return to “Member Intros”