intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 am

As a means of insurance, I'd like to acquire a backup motherboard that doesn't have any video circuitry damage. Battery damage is fairly common and I'm not expecting perfection in that area. But I'd like to find (and buy) a good, working A3000 populated motherboard so if anything should go wrong with mine some day I'll have a means to hopefully repair it.

If you've got an A3000 motherboard you want to sell, I'm your man.

Christian

Posted Sat May 04, 2019 10:39 am

All of the components that are in the video/deinterlacer section of the A3000 motherboard are still readily available (that includes the OKI and NEC line buffer/field buffer RAM chips).

Except for the Amber deinterlacer chip. Matze on A1K is working on cloning that one.

Still a good idea to have a spare.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Eric,

Your best bet may be to buy one of the A3000 clone boards that John "Chucky" Hertell is working on. That's what I plan to do. If and when my 3000 should die from the corrosive effects of the varta battery leakage, I'll be transferring my parts over. Here's to hoping that the clone (when he finishes populating it) works 100%. <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Yeah, I know. But I'm aiming for a populated one. I'm in no rush - it's a long-term search for insurance, that's all. Those new boards are pretty sweet, tho, for the highly industrious.

mossieurclo

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:03 pm

intric8 wrote:As a means of insurance, I'd like to acquire a backup motherboard that doesn't have any video circuitry damage. Battery damage is fairly common and I'm not expecting perfection in that area. But I'd like to find (and buy) a good, working A3000 populated motherboard so if anything should go wrong with mine some day I'll have a means to hopefully repair it.

If you've got an A3000 motherboard you want to sell, I'm your man.
Maybe i'm a bit late, but:

I have a complete A3000 available.

Are you still looking for that board?

Claude

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:36 am

Hi Claude - thanks for asking.

I found 2 A3000's last year at very good prices so I'm in nice shape.

That being said, do you have photos of the battery area on yours? Are you in the USA?

mossieurclo

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am

Sorry delayed reply...(am long haul truck driver)

Ha! taking that photo i don't have time now, sorry, the 3000 is stashed away.

And i have the 4000 to put back in shape...

I am in Québec. Since you have your fix of 3000s, i'll retrieve the 3000 and inspect if you want another one ;)

Claude

blindguy

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am

There are others of us that would love the opportunity to purchase a A3000 or A4000!!

Keep us updated!!

frootloop69

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 am

I'll echo that sentiment - I'd be interested in an A3000 also!

mossieurclo

Posted Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:39 pm

sorry guys, for the same reason (i'm out driving truck on 14 days runs, filling christmas socks ;-)

Next home time i (15th dec&) open up the 3000 and update everyone

Claude

Return to “Trading Post”