intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:05 am

This project has gone quiet for quite a while... I'm getting worried the PALs aren't releasing their secrets...
It has indeed. I can't go into all of the details, but the man responsible for the new board took an extended break from the project for several months.

Coincidentally, he reached out a week ago and said he was wanting to start looking at the PALs again. This was very exciting news, but at this point I don't have a clear vision as to where things stand on a day-to-day basis as our communications have become a bit spotty.

I hope to get more info in the coming weeks, and if I do you all will be the first to know.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 am

Here is a remark from a1k.org:

"Thanks for the update.

Maybe you should contact @Matze because he has made some progress in reading PALs ans overcome the security fuse. Here ist a thread for that (in German) https://www.a1k.org/forum/index.php?threads/45406/
He is also looking for some help to finish his PAL reader/writer: https://www.a1k.org/forum/index.php?threads/72074/
I'm not an expert with those PALs, but it sounds as if there are some synergies possible."

Cheers,
McT

EDIT: it seems the above links on a1k.org won’t help reading protected GALs/PALs.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:44 am

One more comment on a1k.org that might be bit more helpful:

„To reverse the PALs this could be helpful:

here
or here

Christian

Posted Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Yes, the brute force approach is what I had also suggested. It is a bit more tricky with feedback logic, but can be done. We also have a pretty good understanding of some of the logic which will help. I was going to build my own PAL brute force reader but may build the one (in the link above) instead.

Storm
Australia

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Very exciting! I so need one of these boards for my A1000. The lack of Chip RAM is crippling.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:28 pm

fingers crossed this new Rejuvenator board becomes a reality soon <3

alow2004

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:34 am

Hello,
If you need some help to populate and solder some board... I can do it
By the way, keep the good work, it's amazing!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:40 pm

(Drum roll)

As of today, work has resumed. <3

nonarkitten

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 am

Yay!

<insert image of Kermit flailing his arms wildly>

Return to “Hardware”