intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 am

Regardless what you think of this machine, to think a sight like this could happen in 2019 blows me away.

Will these ever get a distributor in the USA? Should we wait for the Mega65? (Will the Mega65 ever make it to production?)

So many questions. But guys, just take a look at his for a second. Pretty cool.

As a reminder, THEC64's stats:
  • Featuring three switchable modes – C64, VIC 20, and Games Carousel.
  • Fully functional keyboard.
  • Connect to any modern TV via HDMI for crisp 720p HD visuals, at 60 Hz or 50 Hz.
  • An updated joystick, now featuring micro switches, companions the hardware making the included games even more fun than ever.
  • The Games Carousel has 64 pre-installed games including classics such as California Games, Paradroid and Boulder Dash, with new additions like Attack of the Mutant Camels, Hover Bovver, Iridis Alpha, and Gridrunner.
  • Topped off with the recently released shoot ’em up Galencia and text adventure Planet of Death to let you relive the glory days of true keyboard gaming!
    Plus, THEC64® allows you to load and save your own files and games via USB stick (including multi-disk titles) and program in C64 or VIC 20 BASIC.
thec64-boxes.jpg
"Coming December 2019"

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:17 am

Hm... now that I see those machines and their fully functional keyboard, I wonder what type of sockets those "brand new" keycaps have. I wonder if the would fit to any of the new mechanical keyboards for the C64, such as the Mechboard64.

Anyway, I'll go get one of those anyway. :D

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:52 am

planet of death? ouch. the most minimalist bugged game around (original, not the paw/quill version). most simplistic engine I reverse engineered.

but free game tho :)

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:50 am

I really wish the North America vendors would get on the ball here. It is a little over a month to release and still no way to pre-order from a NA dealer. I know you can pre-order from Amazon in another country and get Prime 2-3 day delivery to the USA but why should we have to do that?

Return to “The Lounge”