kargy

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Also, it appears that the Amiga and Atari were the same manual. I found a code list for Atari, not the actual manual, but those didn't seem to work either. I also found a supposed crack, Thrust_Wizards, which is an extensionless file I downloaded but I have no idea what to do with it. Dos crack yes, Amiga I don't know so much.

kargy

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:33 pm

It appears that the Atari and Amiga releases used the same manual and while I didn't find a Atari manual I found a code word list in a forum, but that doesn't seem to work either. I found a supposed crack, Trust_Wizards CrEmpire but that is a extentionless file that I am not really sure what to do with. Dos and other cracks I am intimately familiar with, Amiga, not so much.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Hmm. They must have made a different manual for each platform? I have the C64 version the manual is 61 pages. It says for the C64/128 v2.0. How many pages is the Amiga manual?

kargy

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:59 am

So I downloaded two copies from other abandoned software sites and found one that works!
Empire - War Game of the Century v3.0 (1990)(Interstel Corporation)[cr VF]

Guess the cr VF means cracked?

I used the code word list I found in the Atari forum but figured out it doesn't matter what you enter when prompted.

Thanks.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:55 am

OK cool - glad you found that. Incidentally, I pulled out my boxed copy and the manual is a beast. It would be a non-trivial task to copy it; the thing is 70 pages long if you include the Index at the back!

Probably worth doing, though, since it sounds like it doesn't exist anywhere online today (which makes my ADF download kind of useless). But at least you found a cracked version so you can play the game in the meantime.
IMG_4994.jpg
IMG_4993.jpg

kargy

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Yeah, I knew it was a pretty thick volume. I did find a couple of people offering Amiga versions on eBay. That was next course if I hadn't found the other file.

Return to “Conquests”