Mixel

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 am

My Escom era A1200 looks exactly like this one (other than mine has the A1200 HD sticker)

What the heck is up with the two blank keys? I don't remember them from my original A1200.. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention though. :lol:

I was messing about in Wordworth earlier.. where is the ' key? - I can't find it? I must've known how to do it back in the day and I'm feeling really dumb right now. Do you just use ` instead? is it just unmarked?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 pm

I think those blanks were put there for various European keyboard layouts. It's kinda weird, right?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:11 am

Both my PAL A1200 and my USA Amiga Technologies A1200 have those too. I thought my original Commodore A200 had a longer return key and a longer left shift key but my memory could be wrong. If you look at pictures of the A500 keyboards you can see a difference between the North America models and the European models as the NA keyboards have a larger return key, which IIRC has something to do with ANSI vs ISO that is used in Europe. I could be wrong though.

You can learn more on this indiegogo page for the new keycaps

Return to “Hardware”