frootloop69

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 pm

I think I'm going to need a wider one...just did the 1010 camouflage mod for the ACA500+, so need a little more room.

Christian

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 am

Another thing to consider is where the load is placed. The original Commodore monitors mostly did not have pedestals and thus put their weight down near the corners of the case (where it is strongest). Most VGA monitors will put the weight in a relatively small space in the middle of the case.

frootloop69

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Christian wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 am
Another thing to consider is where the load is placed. The original Commodore monitors mostly did not have pedestals and thus put their weight down near the corners of the case (where it is strongest). Most VGA monitors will put the weight in a relatively small space in the middle of the case.
That's an interesting point..I didn't consider that at all. I'm doubly glad I went the stand route now!

Strelok111

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:41 am

Speaking of that, what would be the best way to displace an A1000 monitor by car? If I put it in a padded box, will it be okay, and where should I make sure to pad more than usual?
Because right now, I don't have much place for the retro stuff I've taken over in my flat, but I may well have a solution coming in the form of one of these houses in Alicante for sale, as I had been looking for a place to spend the holidays in, but that would mean bringing the whole shebang there, as I don't trust delivery companies enough to entrust them with my childhood's computers.
Last edited by Strelok111 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nonarkitten

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:34 pm

The Amiga 1000 is officially rated up to 40 pounds.

Edit -- You might be able to get as much as 48 pounds (20% engineering rule of thumb), but that might still not be enough for a 17-inch monitor -- the Amiga 17-inch monitor was 49.6 pounds. The other problem would be if it's mounted on a swivel base or any sort of narrow pedestal base -- this will concentrate the weight in the centre of the chassis which could damage it.

frootloop69

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Thank you - this was really useful for planning my future upgrade

Return to “Hardware”