kjmann

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 am

Well,I just got my Classic520 in the mail the other day and I have to say that this is probably one of the BEST accelerator solutions I've ever seen.

This Board gives your A500....
1. Motorola 68EC020 @ 28mhz
2. 8 Megs of Fast Ram
3. Flash Rom ability
4. CF card slot for bootable HDD support
5. SD card Slot Hot Swapable with FAT32 Support
6. 40pin IDE support for CDrom Option

It's fast and smooth. booted right up from my already existing CF card (Originally made for the HC508)
Games run great and WHDload Compatibility is awesome. Obliterator by Psygnosis runs great.

Price for the USA was about $202.00 shipped.
Well worth the money in my opinion.

Hellfish

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:02 am

I'm Looking at getting one of these myself, as the Look very Good and Fast.

I assume that even though I have a 1.3 Amiga, I can flash the Card to use 3.0/3.1 Rom and boot into workbench 3.1.

kjmann

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:22 am

Hellfish wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:02 am
I assume that even though I have a 1.3 Amiga, I can flash the Card to use 3.0/3.1 Rom and boot into workbench 3.1.
Absolutely. =)

Hellfish

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am

Now Running one of the on My Orignal A500+ Machine.

It runs really well, though I do often run out of Chip Ram (A500+ with 1MB on Board). 8 MB fast ram is fine.

I see these have issues with the Fast Ram / Garry Adaptor Memory Upgrade, but wonder if they would work with something like this :-

https://amigastore.eu/711-amiga-500-plu ... nsion.html

To Add and extra 1 MB of chip Ram?

kjmann

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 am

Hellfish wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am

It runs really well, though I do often run out of Chip Ram (A500+ with 1MB on Board). 8 MB fast ram is fine.

I see these have issues with the Fast Ram / Garry Adaptor Memory Upgrade, but wonder if they would work with something like this :-

The gary adapter needs to be removed because the ram from both are trying to use thesame allocated ram space.

2 meg of chip ram would be a great idea.

-Sal

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:14 am

In an A500+ with the right Agnus you dont need a Gary adapter.

Thats what I thought.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:14 am

Nice... but for the price they are asking for it, they should at least include some kind of plexi surround or a nice 3d-printed shell along with it. Icomp and others are guilty of this as well. I can understand if it is a hobbyist selling his products or such, but, if it's something to be offered and sold by a commercial entity, something more than just a raw PCB should be provided with the purchase.

nonarkitten

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Crazy question, is there some board that would let you install this internally to an Amiga 500? I'm not a fan of bare PCB's sprawling out the side of my case.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Matze from a1k designed a silmilar - although not 100% the same - board for internal use.

On Amibay, DJCook sells some of them every once in a while when he has finished assembly on some. DJCook (Victor) is a really nice guy, I can recommend contacting him.

Bulletdust

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Hellfish wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am

https://amigastore.eu/711-amiga-500-plu ... nsion.html

How do you run out of chip ram? Even running an Indivision on my A500 with the Superplus driver for an 800x600 desktop resolution I never ran out of chip ram.

Return to “Hardware”