3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am

https://commodore-cbm.com/

...and a quote from Jim's IndieGoGo campaign:
The interesting twist is that as of January 2019, Commodore Business Machines (CBM) legally owns the trademark to the Commodore name and logos in at least 38 countries (...)
So if I got it right, Commodore is / will be officially revived? And this is meant to be the real deal, not yet another attempt to label some cheap crap stuff with a well-known logo?

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about that...

What do you guys out there think about it? I'd love to read your opinions.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am

There are questions as to whether or not this is a scam. For sure the website is a mess, has wrong information, typos and broken links. Does not look legit to me.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:47 am

Totally agree, ZZ.

When I first scanned this thing, my immediate thoughts:
- ) So Commodore is British now? OK.
-) It's a WordPress site. Need we really say more?
-) If this is legit, who in their right mind approved the copy (with grammatical errors) and random media library photos? It makes no sense.
-) If this is legit, why oh why would they launch a site with only 2 pages of content and leave markers for future pages? Completely amateurish. Feels like something someone spent a few hours building while sipping some beers at the pub.
-) The product timeline goes from the C128 and jumps directly to the (insert sarcasm) epic and legendary Pet Phone? You've so got my attention.

I have to think this was cobbled together by the same patent trolls that sold those generic Android phones with C= branding, and nothing more. I don't think it's time to get excited about something "big". I think it's time to lubricate our eyeballs before a tidal wave of eye rolls begin.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am

This is who owns the domain, which actually appears to be German in origin. It was created back in 2015.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:44 pm

intric8 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am
This is who owns the domain, which actually appears to be German in origin. It was created back in 2015.
Hm... interesting. I know the "1&1" company, it's a German domain service provider located in a city near where I live. They buy and sell all kinds of domains. Well, when I first saw that homepage, my gut-feeling told me that this is not right.

I'm curious and concerned to see what eventually will grow from there...

Return to “The Lounge”