Mixel

Posted Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am

Hi again.. :) Didn't know whether to put this in hardware or software.. Hmm.

I have a 3 button Wizard Developments mouse that used to work with all 3 buttons back in the day.. But TBH I can't remember what I used to use the middle button for! Now, decades later, the right mouse button is temperamental.. Is there some way to remap the middle button to be a second right mouse button?

I tried using a tool from Aminet called MButton but I can't for the life of me understand its documentation, haha. I know, that's dumb.. Maybe there's a more logical, modern way to do things?

I'm running 3.1.4 on an A1200..

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:15 am

That's a pretty cool looking mouse. I imagine only a scant few programs even supported such a thing, but I'd imagine something like Lightwave would be a possible contender.

Usually button mapping is handled at the specific software level, so you seem to be on the right track. If it were my mouse, though, I'd probably remove the shell and see if swapping the microswitches is even a remote possibility. That would get the whole thing back into shape if successful.

Mixel

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:56 am

TY! I opened it up and and cleaned the microswitches.. there weren't any obvious signs of things being bad.. Weirdly after a lot more use the Wizard Mouse started behaving itself (i had to press the right mouse button a lot harder than the others), I guess it needed loosening up or the contacts were mucky or something. :D

It's such a precise mouse I love it. I sometimes use a wireless logitech on the Amiga too but that feels a bit odd (though is very handy when I want to use the machine from a distance!)

nadoom

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Hey,

I had this mouse back in the day and it was by far the best mouse I owned. I never did use the middle mouse button though 🙂

Return to “Hardware”