The Dhel

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:45 am

Hola :)

German shop Plexilaser.de is now offering new cases for the A500, made from acrylic glass.
You can get it toned smoke-grey, matte black or clear !

Additionally you can add an LED light for inside the case in various colors and, if you use an internal GOTEK drive instead of the original floppy, you can get a custom side panel that has the perfect opening for it.

One package includes an entire A500 case you gotta assemble yourself, though it's quite easy and doesn't take too long.

Prices range from 99€ for a clear case without any addons, to about 170€ including the toned pieces, LEDs and custom ventilation slots (you can pick a text, like AMIGA 500). Shipping to the US/Mexico is 20€.

More info can be found here: http://www.plexilaser.de/shop/Acrylgeha ... -Teilesatz (German, google translate should help, though)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am

I saw that. I like the concept in theory but personally I'd rather wait for the Kickstarter. Unless one plans on doing a fancy LED setup inside a clear case to really make it look like an Out Run machine, I think the solid plastic (with original logo) is my personal preference. But it's a neat idea.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Plexilaser is making A600-compatible cases now, and they are geared towards being a fixture in your living room that won't cause arguments with significant others. Pretty sleek looking.

Check out these photos by Frode Bjånes of his "smoked" setup.
plexi600.jpeg
plexi600_2.jpeg
plexi600_3.jpeg

walldog

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:50 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Plexilaser is making A600-compatible cases now, and they are geared towards being a fixture in your living room that won't cause arguments with significant others. Pretty sleek looking.

Check out these photos by Frode Bjånes of his "smoked" setup.
plexi600.jpegplexi600_2.jpegplexi600_3.jpeg
Thats pretty sharp!

Beska

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Wonder if we could also get A1000 cases made.

Return to “The Lounge”