intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm

A couple of nights ago, my son and I completed Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis for the first time. We'd been working on it together nearly every night for a month, about 30 minutes at a time.
IndyFate.jpg
Indy and Sophia watch the birth of a volcano that was only destined to live for about a minute.

We had such a great time bouncing ideas off each other, sometimes backtracking and taking different paths. When we would finally find a new clue or solve a puzzle, high fives were made and they were solid and loud. At one point my wife ran down the stairs to the basement wondering what had happened, and was annoyed to discover the source of the commotion.

I think we should go for another Lucasfilms classic (maybe several). And no, I never finished this game back in the day. So why not enjoy it together now as a co-op adventure? Right?
ETmpqxHUcAAkUTr.jpg

Not to mention, the previous owner's kid left behind a ton of fascinating notes and even a map. It feels like I dug up a tree stump only to find a skeleton holding a treasure map in its hands.
ETmpqxJUcAIFHvt.jpg
We might just read those before hand (at least, I will). They won't make any sense, but maybe they'll spark an idea in the future.

walldog

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm
A couple of nights ago, my son and I completed Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis for the first time. We'd been working on it together nearly every night for a month, about 30 minutes at a time.
IndyFate.jpg

We had such a great time bouncing ideas off each other, sometimes backtracking and taking different paths. When we would finally find a new clue or solve a puzzle, high fives were made and they were solid and loud. At one point my wife ran down the stairs to the basement wondering what had happened, and was annoyed to discover the source of the commotion.

I think we should go for another Lucasfilms classic (maybe several). And no, I never finished this game back in the day. So why not enjoy it together now as a co-op adventure? Right?
ETmpqxHUcAAkUTr.jpg

Not to mention, the previous owner's kid left behind a ton of fascinating notes and even a map. It feels like I dug up a tree stump only to find a skeleton holding a treasure map in its hands. ETmpqxJUcAIFHvt.jpg

We might just read those before hand (at least, I will). They won't make any sense, but maybe they'll spark an idea in the future.
Oh man this is so cool.. Wish I could get my kids to enjoy Amiga and we could do this together. What great fun and actually thats how two friends would play an Amiga game back in the day. 1 computer sharing that time. Great great job!

Return to “Games”