User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 pm

I have this thing for really old Amigas and really old Amiga software. I totally get the urge to try and maximize, mod and "modernize" (if you call getting an Amiga to act like it's the year 2000 modernizing it).

I have a lot of friends that have a lot of fun doing that and it's a total thrill to see what some of them come up with. No doubt about it. Most of my upgrades are period specific, but I move into the 2020 realm on occasion, too.

But I always find myself looking back to the realm of 1985-1992. And finding software from the really early days is always a thrill.

My latest conquest falls smack dab in the center of that bull's eye. I now own every single version of Ultima for Amiga, and they are all complete and in very good condition. My friends, please enjoy these shots of Ultima III: Exodus, my final Ultima acquisition for Amiga (unless I trip over a shrink-wrapped copy some day, which isn't likely).
IMG_6428.jpg
The box art for Exodus is just heavy metal kick assness. The box condition is very good, although the bottom flap of the top cover appears to have been hit with some moisture many years ago. Other than that, though, itsa mahvellous.

IMG_6429.jpg
The box contents are 100% complete. It even includes the original receipt from the day it was bought from a store. Funny: it looks to have been cashed out with a very old school printing calculator, as there is no store name or date stamp. Also looks to have been one of 2 games sold together at 20% off with 7.25% tax. That there's some big city tax from back in the day.

IMG_0581.jpg
Yer dang tootin it works. Get that Gotek out of my face! And guess what? This game was designed FOR the Amiga 1000. Take that!

IMG_6430.jpg
Ahh... doesn't that just put the whole world back into balance? Not quite, but we're going to get there.


User avatar
walldog

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:40 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 pm
I have this thing for really old Amigas and really old Amiga software. I totally get the urge to try and maximize, mod and "modernize" (if you call getting an Amiga to act like it's the year 2000 modernizing it).

I have a lot of friends that have a lot of fun doing that and it's a total thrill to see what some of them come up with. No doubt about it. Most of my upgrades are period specific, but I move into the 2020 realm on occasion, too.

But I always find myself looking back to the realm of 1985-1992. And finding software from the really early days is always a thrill.

My latest conquest falls smack dab in the center of that bull's eye. I now own every single version of Ultima for Amiga, and they are all complete and in very good condition. My friends, please enjoy these shots of Ultima III: Exodus, my final Ultima acquisition for Amiga (unless I trip over a shrink-wrapped copy some day, which isn't likely).
...
Really sweet Eric.. I have Ultimate 1-III that came in 1 box for the Tandy. In typical fashion its sitting on my shelf and I havent played it yet. Im still on POR haha... Did they have 1 and 2 Ultima on Amiga or did they start with III on the Amiga? Always wondered that. Is this the next joint conquest after Indy?

User avatar
BloodyCactus
Lexington VA
Website

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Probably my favourite Ultima (I know, rose tinted glasses). I had notebooks of everry response to every word for every NPC conversation. Hand drawn maps. the works.

This is mine, got it framed. This is the first version of the map with the proper colouring and thicker cloth.

Image

User avatar
walldog

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm

BloodyCactus wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:23 pm
Probably my favourite Ultima (I know, rose tinted glasses). I had notebooks of everry response to every word for every NPC conversation. Hand drawn maps. the works.

This is mine, got it framed. This is the first version of the map with the proper colouring and thicker cloth.
...
wow doesnt get much cooler than that!

User avatar
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Did they have 1 and 2 Ultima on Amiga or did they start with III on the Amiga?
No, they started with 3 and ended with 6 on the Amiga. Just those 4.
Is this the next joint conquest after Indy?
Actually, no. My son and I had such a great time with Indy we decided to go for Monkey Island. I installed that game on my 3000 three of four days ago. We watched the intro together and went through some of the first scenes together. I've never actually finished the game and always wanted to.

The music is just great, and humor so far is laugh-out-loud funny. We only just started but it looks to be a keeper. We're also playing Millie and Mollie on C64, which is a brand new game made in 2020. It's a puzzler, and one that Graham likes to play sometimes when I'm BBS'ing or busy doing other things. I helped up to level 27 or 28 and he's done the last 6 or 7 levels on his own.

User avatar
walldog

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:53 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:07 pm
Did they have 1 and 2 Ultima on Amiga or did they start with III on the Amiga?
No, they started with 3 and ended with 6 on the Amiga. Just those 4.
Is this the next joint conquest after Indy?
Actually, no. My son and I had such a great time with Indy we decided to go for Monkey Island. I installed that game on my 3000 three of four days ago. We watched the intro together and went through some of the first scenes together. I've never actually finished the game and always wanted to.

The music is just great, and humor so far is laugh-out-loud funny. We only just started but it looks to be a keeper. We're also playing Millie and Mollie on C64, which is a brand new game made in 2020. It's a puzzler, and one that Graham likes to play sometimes when I'm BBS'ing or busy doing other things. I helped up to level 27 or 28 and he's done the last 6 or 7 levels on his own.
I have to admit I am envious you have this Amiga time with your son.. I need to get 1 of my 3 trained.. I mean that is so cool you BBS, son comes in hops on 64 on his own.. I mean thats cool.. Raising that kid right bud..





Return to “Conquests”