A place for anything retro: gaming, hardware, software, gadgets, toys, entertainment - anything!
McTrinsic

Re: What is retro to you?

by McTrinsic Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Been thinking about this for quite some time.

In a nutshell for me, retro is anything old with a specific ('niche') use to it.

For the Amiga, this niche basically for me is gaming and discovering an alternative OS.
TomCorbett

Re: What is retro to you?

by TomCorbett Mon May 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Retro to me is anything that has been superseded, such as a 33 rpm direct drive or belt drive turntable, a 1/8th inch tape recorder for stereo, like Akai or Sony, a 4 channel stereo receiver lick Pioneer, An Ansco 110 or 220 film snapshot camera, an older type computer such as an 8088 or 80286 XT/AT IBM clone, and Apple IIe, Atari 2600 or Colecovision game console, Amiga or Atari computers, Lionel or American Flyer electric trains, well you get the idea. Older games for bot Amiga Apple, or older PC computers. Slide rules, vacuum tube portable AM radios, hand cranked Victrola record players. The fact that I use some of these things currently as a hobby does not mean they are not retro. That's about all I have to contribute at the moment. Tom