intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am

I picked up an OLED Switch last week. I've had a Switch since they first came out in 2017 seven years ago (dang, it's "old"!) and it more or less became my son's. I wanted to get a brand new one before they stop making them, though, and the OLED version is really nice. The screen is gorgeous and they've made some nice subtle updates to areas of the hardware design.

Anyway, as soon as I got it I decided I wanted to protect it. So, I got a screen protector (like many of us put on our phones) and ultimately wanted to see about getting it a protective skin.

I went old-school and got an SNES-looking one. Took about 20 minutes to install and required a bit more concentration than I originally expected. Came out looking really nice!

IMG_6443.jpg
IMG_6448.jpg

First game I put on there was the remake of Diablo II, one of my favorite games from my 20s.
IMG_6445.jpg
IMG_6447.jpg
Came out looking really nice. And the skin makes the device feel ever so slightly larger and grippier for my non-child-sized hands.

walldog

Posted Sun May 05, 2024 4:06 pm

that so awesome.. id like to get an OLED one also for same reason.. I barely played it but its only due to time etc. You can tell this is a nice console that will be one of the few collectable from this era in my opinion. Last old school that actually has a GAME on the CART... I love the SNES and I didnt even know DII was on there! wow

Return to “Modern Take”