A place to trade, buy and sell your Amiga, Commodore or other relevant retro hardware and software to other Amiga Love members
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 am

Long shot, but I'm looking for one of those clear Commodore 64C cases that were born from a Kickstarter a few years ago. Only a relatively small batch was ever made. But if anyone has one that's just sitting in their closet, I'd love to give it a new home - and pay a fair price, of course. Ping me here or PM me.

Cheers
Attachments
clearCase64.jpg
rpiguy9907

by rpiguy9907 posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

It is disappointing that Pixel Wizards is only making them in Black, Beige, Gray amd SX-64 colored. The red, blue, and transparent Kickstarter cases were very cool.
Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

by Zippy Zapp posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am

They also seemed to be better quality from what I have seen at a fraction of the price. The kickstarter case should have made more before he turned over the moulds. I have a clear one with a reloaded board in it that has been sitting on a shelf awaiting the translucent keys that we will probably never see.
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm

@zippyZapp yeah - kind of amazing the molds wound up in the hands of Jens in Germany. Shipping must have cost a small fortune!

And while I applaud the new color options, the imperfections are pretty bad considering the prices. They are more than 2X the Kickstarter cases. I have a white/beige Ks case and it doesn’t have any glaring issues at all - no more than an original case.

I figured putting this here was a long shot but ya never know!