Latest updates and announcements regarding the site
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:08 am

Over the years I've been given some excellent ideas from users on feature requests for Amigalove.com. I have quite a few of my own. I can't create these all in a day (or a year) but this post is to have a running list for everyone to see and contribute towards. If one is addressed, it'll be removed from this list.
  • Add “System Requirements” to Games Library entries.
  • Create a "Shop" where some t-shirts and mugs, etc could be purchased to help negate the costs to run Amigalove.com
  • Add site section: “Application Software” (reviews with downloads)
  • Receive Game Library comment notifications
  • Add site section: Complete Fred Fish Archive
  • A True Home Page
  • Brand/Header Redesign
  • Add search form to search results (doable now)
  • Design member profiles to not be complete crap (doable now)
  • Auto-truncate really long URLs in desktop mode so Mobile Web layout doesn’t break
  • Create user “levels” based on participation (maybe)
  • Have a Games Statistics box on the Games Library home page to show #Games, Screenshots, User Votes with a top 10 games based on user votes/score
  • (Huge Want, Not Likely, But Noted) User Notification system - e.g. “Bell Icon”. If you receive an email about something (maybe a reply to a post, for example) the site would show these as notifications.
  • Ability to “Star” or favorite a post. Bookmark functionality.
  • Upgrade to a more modern version of phpBB that is fully supported (would require a complete site re-design)
Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

by Mr.Toast posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 pm

It's cheesy and dated but I do like the notion of forums with a chat box/graffiti wall on the main forum page.

Merch store! (there's a time sink).

A playlist feed for new YT content.
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Re: Merchant store (see bullet 2 above). Did you mean something different?
Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

by Mr.Toast posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 pm

I was referring to an Amiga Love swag-o-tropolis. Yes, #2
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm

OK cool - just wanted to make sure. And you're right - it would potentially be a time sink... if it was successful! Doubt that, though.

Regardless, in a giddy (maybe a little tipsy?) frenzy last year I did buy a dorkolicious domain called retroshizzle.com. True story. Just in case I ever built one and wanted my own domain, right? HAH! So dumb.

But hey... ya nevah know, yo. Ya nevah know. It's all about that shizzle. ;)
Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

by Zippy Zapp posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:33 pm

How about a shortcut to go right to the first unread message in a thread without first opening the thread and clicking the first new message link. Most of the forums I am using usually have you click the indicator signifying that the thread has new posts to go right to the new one.