OlsenG
Germany

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi there! I just found this forum and it looks like a nice place with nice people, so I signed up :)

I'm from Germany, 40 years of age and using Amiga for about 25 years. I started with an A2000, before that I had a Commodore 128D. I'm a professional software engineer and have worked in the construction industry for 12 years. A few years back I got interested in hardware design for my old computers and so I started to read, learn and solder. I'm currently working on a sound card for the Zorro bus which is going to see a commercial release later this year.

I have collected several C64, C128D, an SX64, some A2000, A500 and even more A1200. I still own an A1200 that I bought almost 20 years ago with a BlizzardPPC 040, Mediator PCI, Prelude1200, Idefix Express and whatnot in an Infinitiv tower. My main machine currently is an A2000 Rev 6 with A2630, BigRam2630, VA2000 gfx card, IDE4Zorro controller and my sound card. I also have a Vampire A500+ that isn't used at the moment.

That's my brief introduction. I hope to meet some cool people here and participate in good discussions with you Amiga lovers <3

Have a nice day.
Olli

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi OlsenG! Thanks so much for joining, and welcome.

That is a very impressive collection you have there. No, no one here is jealous at all. Nope! Haha!

We'd love to see some pics of your machines (the ones in daily use) if you get the time.

Looking forward to seeing you around the site and spreading the Amiga Love. And just so you know, there's an 8 Bits section for any C64/128/D projects you might be working on, too. :)

Cheers!

OlsenG
Germany

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 pm

intric8 wrote:We'd love to see some pics of your machines (the ones in daily use) if you get the time.
Thank you for giving me a reason to clean up my desk :D

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Herzlich Willkommen !

Pics of your ... collection? Or should I rather say shrine? Would be more than welcome.

And altering anything at your desk would be cheating ;) .

Got any stories about your machines? Is one of them special to you? Why?

Is there anything special that ‘Amiga‘ means to you?

Just a little curious... :)

oldbull

Posted Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Welcome,

There's a couple Amiga e-shops in Germany so you have the advantage on us when it comes to fast shipping times for new hardware. Off the top of my head:

https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/de/news.html

https://www.vesalia.de/

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:33 am

Welcome, Olli!

Return to “Member Intros”